All attendance is handled on site at Terra Nova. Please see Terra Nova's Attendance policies for more information.
Canvas - Assignments and Grades
To see grades you need to log into StudentVue/ParentVue. We will try to be clear about which assignments fall under the academic classes and which assignments are for the sustainability classes. We are using the academic classes in Canvas to share information for both the science and sustainability classes.
You can find class assignments on the class slides which can be found on the homepage of Canvas.
Grades on StudentVue
Students need to change their focus on StudentVue toTerra Nova to view grades.
To check your scores on assignments for class:
- Open StudentVue.
- Change your focus to Terra Nova
- Click on the three vertical dots on the upper right of your screen and select "standards" to see your scores. Any assignments with an "N" score have not yet been submitted.
- Additional information on how to use StudentVue can be found here.
Grades on ParentVue
To view student grades in ParentVue:
- Open ParentVue
- Select the correct student if you have more than one in the Beaverton School District.
- Select the Grade Book
- To view assignment specific grades, select Assignment View in the upper right corner.
- Additional information on how to use ParentVue can be found here.
Because we are dependent on busses to transport our students and our building is located on a hill we do not have school when busses are on snow routes or when there is a two hour delay. Please see the Beaverton School District Inclement Weather & Snow Route web page for additional information and updates during inclement weather.
Late work is only accepted until the end of the current grading quarter.
Once things have been graded you’ll need to make sure your teacher is aware if you have submitted something late. Mr. Strom would like a polite note in the “Strom Box” asking him to go grade your late submission. Ms. Reichelt and Ms. Stone would appreciate a polite email.
Be sure to include the following in your communication with teachers:
- Your First and Last name and class periods at TN
- The assignment you’d like to have graded
Cell Phones/E-Readers/Video Games
Terra Nova is a unique educational environment and we have an off and away cell phone policy. In an emergency, you can reach your student which they are at Terra Nova by calling our office at (503) 356 - 3710
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the staff at Terra Nova. This is a working document and will be updated as necessary. Thank you for being part of our community!